1. Every street has a basketball court.
2. Even lawyers and engineers are unemployed.
3. Physicians study to become nurses for employment abroad.
4. Students pay more money than they will earn after.
5. School is considered the second home and the mall considered the third.
6. Call-center employees earn more money than teachers and nurses.
7. Everyone has his personal ghost story and superstition.
8. Mountains like Makiling and Banahaw, are considered holy places.
9. Everything can be forged.
10. All animals are edible. (UHG!)
11. Starbucks is still more expensive than gas.
12. Driving 4 kms can take as much as four hours.
13. Flyovers bring you from the freeway to the side streets.
14. Crossing the street involves running for your dear life.
15. The PC at home is mainly used for games and Friendster or Myspace.
16. Where colonial mentality is dishonestly denied!
17. Where 4 a.m. is not even considered bedtime yet.
18. People can pay to defy the law.
19. Everything and everyone is spoofed.
20. Where even the poverty-stricken get to wear branded clothes and come home to an empty fridge.
21. The honking of car horns is a way of life.
22. Being called a bum is never ever offensive. In fact, said with pride.
23. Floodwaters take up more than 90 percent of the streets during the rainy season.
24. Where everyone has a relative abroad who keeps them alive.
25. Where wearing your national colors make you baduy.
26. Where even the poorest of the poor have the latest cell phones. stolen or snatched or pick pocketed from those who can afford.
27. Where insurance does not work.
28. Where water can only be classified as tap and dirty.
29. Where bottled water is sosyal.
30. Where the government makes the people pray for miracles. Harharhar!
31. Where University of the Philippines where all the weird people go.
32. Ateneo University is where all the nerds go.
33. La Salle University is where all the Chinese go.
34. College of Saint Benilde is where all the stupid Chinese go
35. University of Asia and the Pacific is where all the irrelevantly rich people go and Cebu Doctors’ University aka Cebu Dollars University, where the wannabe-rich go.
36. Fast food is a diet meal.
37. Traffic signs are merely suggestions, not regulations.
38. Where being mugged is normal and happens to everyone.
39. Rodents are normal house pets.
40. The definition of traffic is the ‘non-movement’ of vehicles. Harharhar. Very true!!!
41. Where the fighter planes of the 1940s are used for military engagements.
42. The new fighter planes are displayed in museums. Lol!!!
43. Where cigarettes and alcohol are a necessity, and where the lottery is a commodity.
44. Where soap operas tell the realities of life and where the news provides the drama.
45. Where actors make the rules and where politicians provide the entertainment.
46. People can get away with stealing trillions of pesos but not a thousand.
47. Where being an hour late is still considered punctual. Harharhar!!! Grabe!!!
48. Where the squatters complain (even if they do not pay their tax) than those employed and have their tax automatically deducted from their salaries.
49. And where everyone wants to go to another country even to war-stricken ones.
***saw this on the net..i’d like to acknowledge sana whoever wrote this one pero alang naka-lagay..nasa isang forum ito about corruption in our dear Pinas..oh crap..sad truth.. =(